Blackett Port Wine
Blackett Port WineFounded by George Blackett, who was born in Leeds and settled in the city of Oporto in the 19th century as a Port wine tradesman.
His positioning within the sector allowed for a remarkable progression, having made it to the top five biggest tradesmen of that century. His children later expanded on his trade, in the beginning of the 20th century, by linking up with maritime transport, which led to the Blacket and Magalhães Company. Through time, this company that traded in Port Wine changed its name a few times: from Blackett e Companhia, it was later renamed Blacket Sucessores until it was merged into a great company in 1949. This name that had been lost in history was rescued by Alchemy Wines, Port Wines & Vineyards Ltd. and, in this case, it reveals a wine that was marked by the power of time, able to survive and to outgrow several generations, just as the purpose of this new company.