Longmorn Speyside Single Malt Scotch Whisky
Chivas Brothers Speyside
Founded: Status: Capacity:
1894 Active 3 500 000 litres
Address: Longmorn, Morayshire IV30 8SJ
01343 554139 -
1893 – John Duff & Company, which founded Glenlossie already in 1876, starts construction. John Duff, George Thomson and Charles Shirres are involved in the company. The total cost amounts to £20,000.
1894 – First production in December.
1897 – John Duff buys out the others and founds Longmorn Distillery.
1898 – John Duff builds another distillery next to Longmorn which is called Benriach (at times aka Longmorn no. 2). Duff declares bankruptcy and the shares are sold by the bank to James R. Grant.
1970 – The distillery company is merged with The Glenlivet & Glen Grant Distilleries and Hill Thomson & Co. Ltd. Own floor maltings ceases.
1972 – The number of stills is increased from four to six. Spirit stills are converted to steam firing.
1974 – Another two stills are added.
1978 – Seagrams takes over through The Chivas & Glenlivet Group.
1994 – Wash stills are converted to steam firing.
2001 – Pernod Ricard buys Seagram Spirits & Wine together with Diageo and Pernod Ricard takes over the Chivas group.
2004 – A 17 year old cask strength is released.
2007 – A 16 year old is released replacing the 15 year old.
Ovennævnte tekst er fra Malt Whisky Year Book. Tak til Ingvar Ronde, forfatter til Malt Whisky Year Book 2012 - Køb den fulde udgave her for 149,- kr.