La Martiniquaise Speyside
Founded: Status: Capacity:
1897 Active (vc) 2 300 000 litres
Address: Bruceland Road, Elgin,
Morayshire IV30 1YE
01343 542577 www.glenmoray.com
1897 – West Brewery, dated 1828, is reconstructed as Glen Moray Distillery.
1910 – The distillery closes.
1920 – Financial troubles force the distillery to be put up for sale. Buyer is Macdonald & Muir.
1923 – Production restarts.
1958 – A reconstruction takes place and the floor maltings are replaced by a Saladin box.
1978 – Own maltings are terminated.
1979 – Number of stills is increased to four.
1992 – Two old stills are replaced by new.
1996 – Macdonald & Muir Ltd changes name to Glenmorangie plc.
1999 – Three wood finishes are introduced - Chardonnay (no age) and Chenin Blanc (12 and 16 years respectively).
2004 – Louis Vuitton Moët Hennessy buys Glenmorangie plc for £300 million. A new visitor centre is inaugurated and a 1986 cask strength, a 20 and a 30 year old are released. Wood finishing ceases.
2005 – The Fifth Chapter (Manager’s Choice from Graham Coull) is released.
2006 – Two vintages, 1963 and 1964, and a new Manager’s Choice are released.
2007 – The second edition of Mountain Oak is released.
2008 – The distillery is sold to La Martiniquaise.
2009 – A 14 year old Port finish and an 8 year old matured in red wines casks are released.
2011 – Two cask finishes and a 10 year old Chardonnay maturation are released.
Ovennævnte tekst er fra Malt Whisky Year Book. Tak til Ingvar Ronde, forfatter til Malt Whisky Year Book 2012 - Køb den fulde udgave her for 149,- kr.